5.21.2007

day three

subtle architectures

day three:
05/21/07


subtle eight (revisited):
I revisit where I left off the day before. My anxiety levels are high in response to a public demand to see my performance. I expect to encounter an audience who will follow me along my path. I am somewhat relieved to arrive to an absence of observers.


subtle nine: empty parking lot Without the expectations of a public gaze, the absence of a viewing public, I am left to wonder where my actions begin and where they reach completion. I define spaces in which to situate this practice, I watch other people sit and rest, I move almost imperceptibly. 


subtle ten: brick wall




I draw a larger boundary and wait. There is nothing. I look over my shoulder, I gaze at the ground, and I document the spot in which I stand. I am alone but aware that someone could be watching. Today I am performing normalcy. I am trying to find the most honest of articulations. I remain still.


subtle eleven: foot
Only my foot is outlined by a square. I am immobilized, except for the twitch of an eye.

No comments: