2.04.2010

instructions


Instructions for an Unexpected Absence (2010)
instructions, studio 303, montreal, quebec
mp3 audio track

Instructions for an unexpected absence is an invitation to occupy an empty stage. It is a pragmatic text that came from a desire to exist in two spaces at one time. I could not be present for the performance but wanted to offer someone my place on the stage. It was intended as a gesture of affection to the people I could not encounter. With the aim to play with limitations, and an ability to adjust to constraints, a series of propositions were developed. 

The performance consists of a mp3 audio track where I apologize for my absence and invite the audience to take my place on the stage. The participants are then lead through a series of simple movement instructions.

photo credit: jean-francoise lalumiere


180 seconds (2009)
short and sweet, la sala rosa, montreal, quebec

A performer is given the simple instructions that she must transport herself form the stage to the bar without touching the ground in 180 seconds. 


Communication cross Continents (2009)
le party, la 2e porte a gauche, montreal, quebec.

A series of instruction were sent to a group of performers from Berlin to Montreal. A series of restrictions were imposed, a set of tasks were to be fulfilled. The improvisation was framed by these limitations.

1 comment:

Grewin Al-ag said...

obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying.I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I also love the images you put in here
Chicken Coop